Worldwide Women in Electronic Design (WWED)
• Present content of value and relevance to women in all areas of semiconductor design
•Highlight innovations, contributions, and achievements of women in technology
•Address the growing needs of professional women in the semiconductor field
•Foster a strong, constructive network for successful careers
•Inspire future generations to confidently follow and outpace our footsteps
The Marie R. Pistilli Women in Electronic Design Award is a prestigious annual honor that recognizes individuals who have visibly helped to advance women in electronic design. The award is named for the late Marie R. Pistilli, former organizer of DAC, who placed a high value on equality, diversity, and acceptance.
Join us at the 56th DAC when we announce this year's Marie R. Pistilli Award honoree during the General Session Awards presentation on Monday, June 3, 2019, at Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
In addition, don’t miss the WWED’s SKY Talk speaker, Hava Siegelmann of DARPA, as she shares her knowledge on “Cutting Edge AI: Fundamentals of Lifelong Learning and Generalization” on Monday, June 3 at 1:00pm in the DAC Pavilion.
2019 Marie R. Pistilli Award Recipient
- 56th DAC, 2019 - Iris Bahar, Brown University
- 55th DAC, 2018 - Anne Cirkel, Mentor, a Siemens Business
- 54th DAC, 2017 - Janet Olson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 53rd DAC, 2016 - Soha Hassoun, Tufts University
- 52nd DAC, 2015 - Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
- 51st DAC, 2014 - Diana Marculescu, Carnegie Mellon University
- 50th DAC, 2013 - Nanette Collins, Nanette V. Collins Marketing, and Public Relations
- 49th DAC, 2012 - Dr. Belle W. Y. Wei, San Jose State University
- 48th DAC, 2011 - Limor Fix, Intel Corp.
- 47th DAC, 2010 - Mar Hershenson, Magma Design Automation, Inc.
- 46th DAC, 2009 - Telle Whitney, Anita Borg Institute
- 45th DAC, 2008 - Louise Trevillyan, IBM Research Center
- 44th DAC, 2007 - Jan Willis, Cadence
- 43rd DAC, 2006 - Ellen Yoffa, IBM
- 42nd DAC, 2005 - Kathryn Kranen, Jasper Design Automation, Inc.
- 41st DAC, 2004 - Mary Jane Irwin, Penn State Univ.
- 40th DAC, 2003 - Karen Bartleson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 39th DAC, 2002 - Ann Rincon, AMI Semiconductor
- 38th DAC, 2001 - Deidre Hanford, Synopsys, Inc.
- 37th DAC, 2000 - Penny Herscher, Previously Cadence
McKenzie Ross, OneSpin Solutions (Past Chair)
Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Communications, DAC Publicity & Marketing Chair
Maheen Hamid, Breker Verification Systems
Ann Steffora Mutschler, Semiconductor Engineering (Past Chair)