Worldwide Women in Electronic Design (WWED)
• Present content of value and relevance to women in all areas of semiconductor design
•Highlight innovations, contributions, and achievements of women in technology
•Address the growing needs of professional women in the semiconductor field
•Foster a strong, constructive network for successful careers
•Inspire future generations to confidently follow and outpace our footsteps
The Marie R. Pistilli Women in Electronic Design Award is a prestigious annual honor that recognizes individuals who have visibly helped to advance women in electronic design. The award is named for the late Marie R. Pistilli, former organizer of DAC, who placed a high value on equality, diversity, and acceptance.
Nominations for the 2019 award are Now Open. Any person—male or female—who has made strides in advancing the status of women in the field of semiconductor design is eligible to receive the award. Click here for nomination requirements and format.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, March 1, 2019 (5 pm MST deadline). The Marie R. Pistilli Award honoree will be announced at 56th DAC, during the General Session Awards presentation on Monday, June 3, 2019, at Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
2018 Marie R. Pistilli Award Recipient
She represented the Electronic Systems Design Alliance (formerly EDAC) for more than 10 years on the DATE executive committee. In recognition of this commitment, she was named Design Automation & Test in Europe fellow and was recognized at DATE 2015 for “outstanding performance servicing DATE”. In addition, Anne has served on the program committee of Embedded World.
Prior to joining Mentor, Anne held marketing management positions at Analogy, Viewlogic, and Berner & Mattner. Anne holds a Master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration with an undergraduate in Metallurgy from RWTH Aachen in Germany.
Past Recipients of the Marie R. Pistilli Award
- 55th DAC, 2018 - Anne Cirkel, Mentor, a Siemens Business
- 54th DAC, 2017 - Janet Olson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 53rd DAC, 2016 - Soha Hassoun, Tufts University
- 52nd DAC, 2015 - Margaret Martonosi, Princeton University
- 51st DAC, 2014 - Diana Marculescu, Carnegie Mellon University
- 50th DAC, 2013 - Nanette Collins, Nanette V. Collins Marketing, and Public Relations
- 49th DAC, 2012 - Dr. Belle W. Y. Wei, San Jose State University
- 48th DAC, 2011 - Limor Fix, Intel Corp.
- 47th DAC, 2010 - Mar Hershenson, Magma Design Automation, Inc.
- 46th DAC, 2009 - Telle Whitney, Anita Borg Institute
- 45th DAC, 2008 - Louise Trevillyan, IBM Research Center
- 44th DAC, 2007 - Jan Willis, Cadence
- 43rd DAC, 2006 - Ellen Yoffa, IBM
- 42nd DAC, 2005 - Kathryn Kranen, Jasper Design Automation, Inc.
- 41st DAC, 2004 - Mary Jane Irwin, Penn State Univ.
- 40th DAC, 2003 - Karen Bartleson, Synopsys, Inc.
- 39th DAC, 2002 - Ann Rincon, AMI Semiconductor
- 38th DAC, 2001 - Deidre Hanford, Synopsys, Inc.
- 37th DAC, 2000 - Penny Herscher, Previously Cadence
McKenzie Ross, OneSpin Solutions (Past Chair)
Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Communications, DAC Publicity & Marketing Chair
Maheen Hamid, Breker Verification Systems
Ann Steffora Mutschler, Semiconductor Engineering (Past Chair)